Households that are struggling with their energy use and costs should know that there is help and financial support available.
Warmer Homes West Midlands are working in partnership with Birmingham City Council who has obtained funding through the national Local Authority Development Scheme (LADS) to improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and low EPC rated homes, including those living in the lowest quality off-gas grid homes across their district.
A range of measures have been made available through this scheme, which can reduce and prevent heat and energy loss in the home and reduce fuel bills.
- Insulated windows and doors (please note only single glazed windows can be replaced).
- More energy efficient lighting.
- Photovoltaic (PV) solar panels.
Homeowners and tenants will qualify for funding if the following two criteria are met:
- Occupants/tenants, as well as landlords, must have a combined gross household income (including any benefits you receive) of under £30,000.
- Your home/property has a home energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G.
Please note that if you are a landlord you will be expected to make a contribution to the cost of any works undertaken.
Tenures eligible for funding:
- Council stock.
- Owner occupiers.
- Private rented sector.
To register your interest fill out our expression of interest form HERE.
Please note that all applications are subject to a technical survey and an application acceptance does not guarantee that work will go ahead.