Households that are struggling with their energy use and costs should know that there is help and financial support available.
Warmer Homes West Midlands are working in partnership with the City of Wolverhampton Council who has obtained funding through the national Local Authority Development Scheme (LADS) to improve the energy efficiency of low-income households and low EPC rated homes, including those living in the lowest quality off-gas grid homes across their district.
A range of measures have been made available through this scheme, which can reduce and prevent heat and energy loss in the home and reduce fuel bills.
- Wall insulation (internal, external and cavity)
- Floor insulation
- Loft and Room in Roof insulation
- Insulated windows and doors (please note only single glazed windows can be replaced).
- Storage heaters.
Homeowners will qualify for funding if the following two criteria are met:
- Occupants must have a combined gross household income (including any benefits you receive) of under £30,000.
- Your home/property has a home energy performance certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G.
To register your interest please visit https://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/green-grants and complete the expression of interest form.
Please note that this funding is currently only available to owner occupiers. If you do rent your property, please call us on 0808 196 8298 select option 2 and we can potentially support you with other energy saving options.